One of those days

Last Tuesday when I went to bed, I had my Wednesday planned

1) I was going to get up early to ensure I would have time to look nice for my annual performance evaluation
2) I also needed to get in early to set up our overflow lab we had an Enrollment Event
3) I had everything I needed for the day lined up and ready to go.
4) It would be a busy day, but a pretty good one.


After we went to bed, things went down hill quickly.


  1. Mark started having an asthma attack. 
  2. Lily tried to "heal him with her love" so I was trying to keep her out of his face...the last thing he needs is a shedding basset hound in his face
  3. Right after Mark finally falls asleep, Tank has one of his "sleeping accidents" I get that cleaned up, and then him back to bed...my alarm goes off shortly after this
  4. I don't get up right away, and when I do I have a killer headache
  5. I don't look a nice as I would like when I leave.
  6. I don't arrive at work early enough to get everything done so I opt to set up the lab and just try to catch everything back later.
  7. I feel like death...and I can't act like I feel like death
Things aren't looking good.

I pull it together. We have a great event. My eval goes well. I wasn't planning on it going any other way, I just had hoped to not feel like like my head is going to implode.

I leave work late and just make it to Zumba on time. I make it through class, but as I leave, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself.

I try to not complain about Mark working second shift. He hates it. He doesn't need me feeding into any more negativity about it. It isn't ideal, but it is temporary and we make it work. However, that night, I was less than pleased. I didn't want to go home to do all the housework. I didn't want to be eating dinner at 10:00 at night. 

All I wanted to do was go home and go to bed. That wasn't an option. On top of the housework, I also had homework. 

This was one of those times where I knew I was being irrational and selfish. Yes, things weren't going great, but in the end all these "bad" things were just minor inconveniences. I'd take some advil, I'd get my work done, and it would all work out.

I needed to take a step back and realize that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp