What Does One Wear??

On May 21, I am attending Methodist Theological Seminary of Ohio's Commencement. My mother was a student there, and she would have graduated this May. The college has decided to award her a posthumous degree. This is very kind, and we are honored they have decided to do this.

Today I was trying to  figure out my plan for that day, when it occurred to me: What does one wear to accept a degree for their mother (who died nearly a year ago)?


  1. Well black doesn't seem fitting (and there goes half my wardrobe)
  2. It cannot be too short
  3. It cannot be to low cut (there goes most of the rest of my wardrobe).
So what are my options?

Very obviously this is not going to work:

Maybe something like this, but not in Black?


This had potential...until I noticed those were skulls not polka dots





This has potential


Then I was distracted by this (but....it is on sale!!)


Okay...more like this?




I just don't know...any suggestions?

Comments

Unknown said…
You are too funny! You wear whatever you are going to feel comfortable in!! Even if it's black! Throw a colorful hair thing in and some fun shoes and it won't matter...the point is to honor your mom and she will be looking down at you with a smile no matter what you decide on! That said, I like the pink one and the last one:)

I will be thinking of you on that day and sending my support in good and happy thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp