Shoulders in a Vice

A culmination of the stress at work (midterms, into the elevator relocation, into finals, to the stress at home (the usual suspects:groceries, cooking, cleaning, bills, birds, kids), standing more than I should and doing physical activities (one activity in particular) I probably shouldn't have, my shoulder injuries from the tornado have flared up at bit.

My "good" shoulder is fairing a little better than the bad one. The bad shoulder is in pretty bad shape.

It hurts when I drive, do my hair, breathe, try to sleep...it isn't pleasant.

Advil migraine reduces the inflammation a bit, but it typically starts wearing off at the end of the work day...and I can only take it once every 24 hours :-(

The pain sucks. It is hard to stay on schedule when it hurts to get dressed and get ready for work. It can be distracting...which scares me when I drive.

I am hoping that the massage I have scheduled for Saturday will bring me some relief.  Hopefully she will be able to break up the knot that is causing the discomfort and lack of sleep.

The thing that bothers me the most is that no matter how much things in my life have changed. It doesn't matter if I have moved on or if I am happy. It is part of that night that I will never be able to escape. The monthly massages are nice, but I wouldn't need them if it weren't for the tornado.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

Best Laid Plans