Life Changes

Today marks the 2 week point in our move.

It is amazing how much things have changed in that two weeks.

There is no more coming home from work and lounging on the couch or lazy Fridays off. At least for now there is still enough work to keep me busy until I pretty much drop from exhaustion.

The good news is we are pretty much settled. Most everything has found a home. Aside from a seat cushion the girls' room is ready to go (which is good since they will be here this weekend). Pictures are not up quite yet, but overall things are really coming together.

When you live alone there isn't that urgency. For me there was a drive to clean up the place daily. Now it is different. Every night I leave work with a to do list. I know some of that will lighten up when I finish my bigger DIY projects (I might as well make the most of the things we have). There still always a grocery run, laundry, dinner to make, bird cage to clean or some other chores.

I also know some of it is just me keeping busy. Mark's girls have softball games most nights at 6:00. I work until 6:00, so I can't make it. Still, that keeps him out until at least 8:00 every night. I know some of it is that after his long day I don't want him to have to worry about anything. The other part is keeping me from being bored. I hate being bored and lonely. I spent far too much time doing that, and over the past 2 years that has been the worst thing for me. If I am constantly working on the apartment, it isn't so bad. Maybe this burst of productivity will help me keep this blog up and current? That would be nice.


The birds are actually adapting quite well. I am not sure why. Moving is usually really stressful for birds, but these guys are taking it like champs. They aren't as loud or messy as they were in the old place. Yes, they still spit pellet on the couch, but that is a game for them. Although spitting it at *me* while I am on the couch is quite possibly their favorite thing to do

This will be the first weekend we have the girls and our first test drive of how this will work. I am still terrified. My zero parenting skills and lack of maternal instinct put me at a bit of a disadvantage.  However, it is time to cinch up the big girl panties and deal with it because starting next Friday we will have them for the whole week pretty much every other week all summer long. It is time to sink or swim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

Best Laid Plans