We are moving

Yep we are moving. On May 18 we will be moving to Noblesville.  It is awesome, and I can't wait for us to not be 45 minutes apart. Seriously, I would not have seen him until  Saturday this week had we not his Dad not cancelled their weekly gold outing so he went to a movie at Hamilton Town Center...on the night I got my hair cut up there.

It is exciting. I love the apartment. We only have a few things to still get. I am freaking out a bit because I a afraid I won't have time to get ready.

I work 8-6 M-TH and Saturday mornings. One night a week is grocery night. One night a week is laundry and errands night. Some nights I am just so exhausted, I have no energy to pack and clean.

I spend my weekends up in Atlanta with him and his family.

That leaves Fridays.

1) Some Fridays are already spoken for (Next Friday has massage and nails on the docket. Nails can be moved, but massage not so much,)

2) I loose May 4 because of finals. I will have to work.

3) we may be staying here to get some work done the weekend he does not have the girls, but we will have quite a bit to do.


So today I hit the ground running. Spent an hour with AT &T where they refused to help us. I get that the current tenants of our apartment have not put in a move or a disconnect order. However, why should we be punished. The apartment complex told us to put in our move order  at least a month in advance to secure our preferred install date. Instead we can't do anything. The thing that gets me is that if we don't get our preferred date, we will be stuck for a week with out TV or internet. Plus you know when we *can* eventually put in our move order and we can't have the date we want the rep will tell us we didn't put the order in early enough. At which point I may smack someone. However, I do love their service, so I guess we will just wait it out.

So far I have over half filled the dumpster for my building (starting with 4 bags of garbage from last night), cleaned out my storage unit, took a car load of stuff to Goodwill, found online and bought the duck shower curtain and bird carrier we needed in store, thrown away my now moldy patio furniture and started packing my dining room. Today's goal is not make my apartment a box filled death trap. I will hopefully be successful.

Now if we could just find a couch...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List