It's One of Those Days

I didn't sleep Friday night because I was afraid I was going to oversleep. I had to get up early to finish packing for my weekly trek up north and warm up the car a  bit (since It was  fruh-eezing).

I didn't sleep well over the weekend for various reasons including a headache.

I didn't sleep last night because at first I wasn't tired and then the Thunderstorms kept we awake all night.

Currently, I am tired, grouchy, and just not feeling it.

Days like this make it really easy to feel sorry for myself.
  • I can't go home for the estate auctions (wasn't given enough notice)
  • My work schedule leaves much to be desired. 10 hour days 4 days a week (I am supposed to take lunch but that rarely happens) and 4.5 -5 hours on Saturday mornings (report time @ 7:00 or 7:30) are killing my. Not getting off until 6:00 makes it hard to get everything done after work and the Saturday mornings have killed my social life.
  • On most weeks I only get to see my boyfriend on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't mean that in we live together, but we are on different schedules. I mean that in the we literally are only in the same place for part of those 2 days. 
  • Sometimes I feel like I am being too nice, and that always comes back to bite me in the ass.
  • It is easy to see the parts of my life I just do not have back.
I could keep listing petty things ranging from hating the shoes I am wearing to things at work that make me stabby. However, I am pretty sure you get the picture, and I have already whined enough.

It is easy to be negative. It is easy to let my problems bog me down. I was near tears at a few points over the weekend and this morning, but I have been able to snap myself out of it. I just have to remember:


  1. It will never be rainbows and butterflies. There will always be challenges. Some will be little speed bumps, and others will will be full out road blocks. Some will disappoint me Some will break my heart and spirit. Some will lead to great things and new opportunities.
  2. Some of my problems are big, but most everyone has problems just as big if not bigger. 
  3. I need to be grateful for the awesome things I have in my life.
  4. There is a point where I do need to stand up for myself.
  5. What I want, isn't always what is best for everyone involved.
  6. As always: Patience is the key.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List