Time for the Christmas Tree

It is that time of year again.

Every year I put up my tree by myself. It is a tree that most years no one ever sees, but it is a tradition that is important to me. It symbolizes a holiday that both of my parent's loved. Every year I hope that maybe, someone will come over and see it this year, and maybe this will be the last year I have to do it alone.

 This year, at least 1 person should see it, and there is a little well placed hope that maybe next year (even if I still live on my own) a new tradition could start.

Every year the tree goes up. Last year it was minus some decorations Mom gave me because I just couldn't get them out of the box. I tried to get them out, but I just couldn't do it.  This year most of them have at least made it out of the box. I am not sure if they will make it to the tree, but at least they are out. Last year I couldn't look at them without crying. This year there was still a little hesitation, but it wasn't the gut wrenching feeling from last year.

 After an week of set backs (unplanned field trips, errands and paperwork), new lights have been procured and the tree should be decorated and ready to go tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List