I Plan...the universe laughs

This is a busy week for me. I have lots of errands and things on my plate. Knowing this, I made a plan for the week, prepped a healthy dinner, and thought we were good to go.

Yesterday: was insane, but stayed on target
Today: My cell phone battery has been worrying me for a while  now. It would take a little to long to charge, stop charging in the middle of the night, and the battery would die quicker than I thought it should. At some point last night, it stopped liking wall chargers, and car chargers completely. It says it is charging while connected to the USB cord, but it isn't actually charging. I've done the troubleshooting thing. Nothing has worked.

That means instead of what was on the agenda for after work: I have to go to a repair store, get a new battery (although the provider has already comped the battery), and have them see if it is more than a battery issue.  I made an appointment, but still that throws everything off. They have you make appointments and then tell you that doesn't guarantee you anything but "priority" when you arrive. It will all work out of course, but what I can actually get done tonight is at the mercy of a phone tech. The phone (aka my alarm clock and how I communicate with the world most nights) has to get fixed.

This of course is a dramatic example, but the phenomena is common: I plan, and it never quite ends up that way. It is usually not as much of a big deal (ok fine...there have been a couple big set backs, but you'll have that). It isn't *all* doom and gloom.  Sometimes things not going to plan actually makes things better.Sometimes the randomness of life can drop you in situations that make you happier. It makes me wonder why we stress so much over the little things.

Some planning is of course needed. It is the responsible thing to do. Still being a little flexible can make life easier and may even surprise you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List