When the Media Plots Against You...well sort of....ish

I have always been a person who finds personal meaning in song lyrics. It just who I am. That's not exactly a secret...just take a look at past blog entries...or many of my song selections at karaoke. 

It just seems to be happening more lately especially over the past month.

It just isn't limited to songs any more, now television shows and movies are having the same effect. An episode of Scrubs, a random movie, a song on the radio: It is almost like the media is plotting against me. 

I get that really it is just I'm more aware of how I relate to each piece of media. Part of the reason that we like a show/song/etc is because on some level we relate to or are drawn to some aspect of it. 

Still, episode 206 of Haven really got to me. In the episode one main character is stuck in the over done "time loop aka Groundhog Day" scenario. The first thing that got me was in each "redo" she had to watch another person she cares about die. Seeing how that is the theme of most of my nightmares, that hit close to home. The other part was the other main character literally can't feel anything. He has one person he can feel (and of course it is the female lead in the also over done partners with feelings for each other category...why do I watch this again?). This episode sort of brings that back to the forefront.  I'm also feeling numb, and while there is certainly more than one thing and/or person that makes me feel human again, I don't always have access to them. I can't have those things, or I'm almost afraid to hope for them most days. Of course that pool will grow over time, and it will be easier to find something that I can more easily obtain...it just takes time after a loss. It doesn't make the reminder from the media hurt any less.

So I guess it is just horror movies and kids movies for me until I can move past this :-). Right? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List