The Unexpected


I






You never know how life is going to turn out. Tonight I was sitting in an empty laundromat as the winds picked up and the storms started to approach from the west. As I sat there hoping I would be out of there soon, I couldn't help but think how this would be the perfect opening for a scary movie. A girl, alone in a suburban laundromat, ominous weather, some cheesy 80's ballad (I think it was by Nelson) in the background...just make me hot and blonde  and we have the makings of a slasher film folks.


if I don't check in on foursquare tomorrow...you might want to check these....



This sudden burst reminded me of the days where I really thought I could make a living off that creativity. I thought Indiana was just a brief pit stop. I had big plans and dreams. Instead I never left, and I work in education. It isn't a bad life...actually it is a good life. Still I do sometimes wonder what would things be like if my life had gone to plan. Where would I be? What would I be doing? Would I be alone?

I know some of how things ended up were for the best. This past year would have been even worse if I was farther away. I have people here that I love and would do anything for. I am perfectly content most days with out those things I thought would define my life. Every once in while (typically when I am feeling really lost or hurt) I do wonder: What if? I don't dwell on it long. When I think of all the amazing people I have in my life here, the resentment fades away. I do wish I could catch a break (seriously), and maybe I will. For now I just keep moving forward on my own, loving the people in my life as much as I can, and doing my job to the best of my ability.

This may not be the life I wanted, but even with all the trials I face, I can't imagine it working any other way. You never know how life is going to turn out.







Comments

Tiffany said…
When I'm bored I constantly make up movie lines in my head based on where I'm at or what's going on in life. By the way, did you ever check in? ARE YOU STILL AT THE LAUNDROMAT???
Unknown said…
Yes I made it out alive. There is no need to send out the search party. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List