The Best Things in Life

The prompts




Writing Prompts:

1.) The simple things…
2.) Write an entry inspired by the word: Yellow.
3.) A memorable sporting event.
4.) Sex education! How old were you when you learned about the birds and the bees? Who taught you? Describe that experience.
5.) This month the theme of Oprah’s magazine is intuition…write about a time your instincts were wrong.

I took a vote and prompt 1 won (but when the voters are birds with a limited vocabulary one always wins)
The best things in life are people, but if I have to pick my favorite "things" they are always going to be the simple things.

  1. Days where I don't have to wear shoes
  2. The birds sleeping past 6:30
  3. Perfect fall days: about 60-65, sunny
  4. Spending the evening laughing with a friend
  5. When they download a new song for me to sing...or butcher
  6. Finding a parking spot near my building at 4:00 a.m.
  7. Sleeping through the night
  8. Not feeling alone
  9. Days my shoulder does not hurt
  10. Watching scary movies with a friend
  11. Allergy meds
  12. When a friend lets me do laundry at his/her house...saving me from laundry purgatory (aka the laundromat)
  13. Warm cockatiel feet
  14. Being serenaded by a parakeet
  15. Tony Packos fried pickles
  16. Hell...just Tony Packo's sweet hots and a fork (I have no shame)
  17. Pretty much any tequila based drink
  18. Pineapple Upside  Down cake (cake or shot...I'm not picky)
  19. All five Hammitts (Kelsey is close enough to legally having the last name) all together
  20. A night out with the friends who can make everything better

This post is brought to you in part by:





Comments

Tori Nelson said…
On the tequila note? AMEN :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List