Lunch Break Blog: An Open Letter to My Attention Span

Dear Attention Span:

I know I haven't treated you well. All the Sesame Street and MTV we watched in my youth did substantial damage.Still, you hung in there for many years. We even made it all the way through college. Now I feel like you are slipping away.

Maybe it is because I don't sleep. Maybe it is because I'm always working on something. I don't know, but I miss you.

1) I get bored way too easily.
2) Somedays I just can't seem to get my focus. Like today, I am working on our finals schedule. Admittedly, it isn't the most exciting thing, but it has been hard to stay on task. My mind won't stop running. I'm not worrying or thinking about things I *should* be concerned about. Oh no. It is just random distractions. One second I'm figuring how many students we can test in one day. The next I'm trying to see if I can swing a long weekend in May to go to a concert (which I can't btw..so sad).

Don't get me wrong. Part of my (what we loosely refer to as) charm is my quirky randomness. However, if you could put your big girl panties on and help me out from time to time, that would be awesome.

Love, Me

P.S. I'm stuck in the office alone from 5-7:30, so if you could get back to me ASAP that would be great. I'd like to get these appointments keyed in tonight. Oh and I'm working my other job too...so yeah I need you on your A game. K thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp