I'm Just Not Feeling It

Last week and this past weekend was strange. It wasn't bad. Things were busy and stressful, but there was no drama to speak of.  Still, I'm off my game and I'm not sure why.  My focus isn't there. I'm missing something, and nothing I come up with seems right. Maybe it is just the lack of sleep. :)

My First Tornado Warning of 2011: Less stressful than I thought it would be...really it was. It did mean starting the work week on zero sleep.

Midterms: Survived. I still have tons of work to catch up on, but I had big report to get out today. I will be back ahead of the game by the end of the week. 62 hours over 6 days with 1 day off is rough though. We tested over 103 students in 4 hours on Saturday. Exhausting!

Nine Months Later: Still blows. I can't explain to people what this is like. That is probably the hardest thing for me. Upside: The song Live Like You are Dying still makes me throw up, but I can make it through the song and the Indy Idol wrap up before making the mad dash to the parking lot. Just when I think I have found my new normal I find out I am wrong. I think that is typical though. It doesn't get better: we just choose to deal with it in a more positive way.

This Blog: Between being exhausted and brain fried, writing just didn't happen. However, I'm pretty interested in a few prompts I saw and I think by midweek we will be back on track. It is time to bring on the randomness that I so love and the goofiness that in my mind makes people love me.

Caring For Norm: Also fell victim to the midterm burn out. Not to worry. It is already making a comeback. I spent my time reading up on Medicare and I am ready to do some more research this week. I'll throw up some other random posts too, and hopefully by the weekend we will be ready to start our Medicare series.

See that is the issue. Nothing is really wrong. There isn't drama involved. I've just been busy and worn out. I'm a grown up. These things happen. I did have a good time with my friends this weekend. I had some great laughs, and some people really came through with the cheering up. I guess I'm still just looking for a next step (not that I know what that step is), and nothing has felt quite right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List