Valentines Musings

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I do not hate Valentines Day. I am not big into celebrating, but it isn't all bad. Yes, I have been known to say "Why Valentines Day is bad" but it may not be in the way you think.

              Black Baccara rose   
  While I think it is crazy to spend tons of money in an elaborate display of love, I don't hate the day. I don't think it is a "Hallmark" Holiday. It may be over commercialized for my taste, but it works for some people and that is all that matters.



Hallmark didn't make this holiday. There was a pagan festival the Christian church wanted to do away with so they attached St. Valentine to one of the dates and made it more wholesome. Blame Rome for that, not Hallmark.



If you choose not to celebrate, that is your call. If you are single, you don't have to be bitter and miserable. Love comes in all kinds. While you may not have romantic love, you can always share your love with your friends and family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List