Why Can't I Delete Mom's Face Book Page???

It has been a month since I saw a tornado claim my mother's life. Still Facebook keep asking me to reconnect with my mom. Despite the fact I have submitted their little form, called several times and have tried to get answers on Twitter, my mom's account is still up and I have been told that it will probably be memorialized since I do not have the right to do so. I'm mad and annoyed I have to pay a lawyer to do this. Basically, we want her page deleted. Under the circumstances of her death, it is something we need to do to heal. Facebook is making this bad situation worse.

When we are ready for a memorial page, we will make one. I shouldn't be forced to keep hers up by Facebook!


First Charity joined our cause: The Group Charity Made Please join our group and help us get


Then Elizabeth went to the CNN ireport for us. Please look at this. If shows that we arenot the only family stuck in this nightmare. nElizabeth's CNN ireport

Please check this out. I get that not everyone will get where we are coming from. Some will think we are being selfish and taking mom away from her friends. Even if we are, it should be our right to do so.

Losing a loved one is always hard. Our situation is just a little different. We didn't just lose our mom in that tornado, we were there. We saw it kill our mother and then come after us. That is the image that haunts me every time I close my eyes. If I want to make this easier to move on...then I should be able to do so.

If you agree with us, please join our petition and share the link with others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

Best Laid Plans