Tales of the oldest child

Like many oldest children I was the experiment. My parents were learning how to parent, and I was their trial run on all their rules and expectations. That just comes with the territory. It is just the way things are in most families.



I think it made me more responsible as an adult. I have a different understanding. I think all oldest children are the experiment. Our parents are learning how to be parents. The oldest children get to be the ones put through trial and error.



I think it made me more responsible. I have a different perspective on money and obligation. I feel like the "mom" of my friends, and like I should always be doing something productive. I have a different work ethic and an understanding of right and wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp