The Catch the Lobster Game

I want you to imagine a lobster tank like the one they have at Red Lobster. Now I want you to picture this same tank in a big red case with a drop down claw, money slots and a joy stick. Had you told me this existed, I would not have believed you. However, some things just cannot be made up.


 

Yes one of our venues has one of these. Seriously, it is just like a toy machine but with lobsters. I knew they had this, but I had never actually witnessed it in use until last night. I arrived to find a group of men standing around it feeding dollar bills into it like it was the coolest thing ever.


 

This brought up a few questions:

  1. How high quality can these lobsters be?
  2. In theory, if you win a lobster, they cook it for you on site. I'm not knocking the kitchen staff, but this is a bar so I'm not sure they are tWthe best ones to cook a lobster.
  3. How do they feed the lobsters?
  4. How do they get the dead ones out? I mean you can't cook them after they are dead the meat gets icky.
  5. What happens if they win one after last call for the kitchen?
  6. I'm sorry, but during one song (the tank is right by where I stand to sing) I swear one was staring at me…and judging me.
  7. What is the point of spending $20+ on a lobster that may be overcooked, undercooked or just plain nasty?


 

Maybe I'm just being harsh, but the whole thing just amuses me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp