Why Must I get Wasted on my Birthday

Why Must I Get Wasted on my Birthday?




I’m turning 30 on 7/16. I’m trying to not let this depress me too much. Sometimes I am successful, other times not so much. It is going to happen whether I like it or not, so I have decided (in my infinite wisdom) to just try and make the best of it. I have taken the whole week off of work. This is to mainly just relax and enjoy myself, and because I know I will be having at least one emotional break down over that another decade in my life is over and there is so much I have not accomplished. I’m a girl. I will have a stupid girl moment, and I would prefer not to have that happen at work. Plus it is rally the last time I can take time off before August. We are not allowed to take time off in August because of peak (aka LATE) registration.
Really, all I want for my birthday is a typical Thursday night at Bucky’s and for my friends to be there. Now when I invite people out and tell them why I want them there, the first words out of their mouths are: Jenni is going to get so wasted that night.

Can’t I want to have a good time with my friends and have full recollection of the night?
1) Ok folks, do I drink? Yes. Number of times in the past 12 months when I have been totally wasted…0.
2) I do not have a Designated Driver. I never do, which is one of the reasons why I am so careful about what I drink. No one else is going to take care of me, so I need to be a grown up and take care of myself.
3) I like being able to remember things the next day.
4) I’m a big advocate of if you don’t want it on the internet…don’t do it.
5) Alcohol+Emotions = Bad things happening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List