'Fabulous' sounds so sweet

I love words. I'm a writer so that is sort of a no brainer, but I really do wish more people would use their words more effectively. I listen carefully to lyrics, and I love well written imagery. I always tell my students to use their words to draw me a picture.



Here are my top 5


Fabulous
It is a multi functioning word depending on the iflection and context. It can be literal, or it can be sarcastic, sardonic, ironic, fun, sad,mean...you get the point


Hinky
It isn't a curse word, but it equals messed up, just not right, or odd in a different way.


Seriously
I had this one before Grey's Anatomy made it common place. I like it for the sarcastic factor.


Ubiquitous
This might be my favorite word of all time. It is an odd looking, and not commonly used word, but I love it. It means ever present (aka everywhere). It was the word of the day on one of my TV writing classes (Thank you Dr. Watson!) We used it while I was touring with Laredo, and now I use it with students and the "they" that gives them wrong information.


Caffeine
Hello. My name is Jen and I am an addict. I use caffeine to describe any drink containing the substance. Depending on the situation caffeine can be coffee, tea, soda, energy drink...you get the point.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List