Emotionally Charged Songs

Generally, songs do not make me cry. However, I have strong emotional attachments to certain songs.


Either Way by Guster

This isn't a big cry song, but I'm if I am in the right mood it can bring the tears. This is probably my favorite song of all time. It was that song that made me fall in love with the band. The lyrics are beautiful and haunting...I so love it. I guess they sort of remind me of me...especially the person I was at the time I heard the song and the person I have become in the past few years.

Guster by So Long

Again, this isn't a huge tear jerker, but the lyrics can get me if I am in a certain mindset. These lyrics remind me of the one relationship I honestly wish would have ended differently, but at the same time I have no regrets. The relationship was short, but it taught me what love really feels like. I can only hope to find that feeling again. I fell in love with a person, but the man he became when he demons came to play I didn't stand a chance. As much as I miss him, I know I can't be with the person he becomes when he doesn't take his antidepressants like he should. I don't regret moving on. It had to be done. He broke my heart, I will probably always miss him, but I know I can't put myself though all of it again.

Who I Am by Jessica Andrews

Yes...I picked the karaoke graphic for this one (although I do prefer the chartbuster version over the Sound Choice. I work for a dj/karaoke company of course I know the difference)...and I did it on purpose. This song isn't Guster...and to make it worse it is country (nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) but this song I sang because we were doing "Russian Roulette" Karaoke (bar is dead, and we just start picking songs we never have sang before...and I knew this one from my Laredo days), is now my "show closer/Everything But Mine" (and only about 3 of you will get that...but oh well) song. I love it because lyrically it is my song. It again doesn't always make me cry, but sometimes I just really need to hear it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List