Pondering: Immediate Revenue vs a Big Pay Off later

Right now I am putting together a list of pros and cons for an upcoming Culturefeast blog. I know one of the things I struggle with it deciding what gets my attention: My day to day writing or my fiction writing.


 

Fiction writing was my first passion, but I am becoming quite a fan of the blogging, articles, How to Guides and other content I produce. The issue is mainly a money one. Most of the blogs/articles/content I write, is paid. Not all of it is, but most of is at least has a pay per page view. Regardless of if it pays, it is helping me create a positive presence online. That is my main goal. I want to create content that gets people's attention and build my business from there. This of course takes time to plan, write and promote my work. This takes away from my time to work on my fiction projects.

The Bottom Line: The online content is generating revenue and interest now. The Fiction work has the potential to generate revenue and interest in the future. I'm trying to outline the good, bad and ugly of both areas. My hope is to have a solution (for at least my situation) by the time I type this up. I just know that right now I am trying to do it all…and it is not working. Yes this will be a selfish post for me, but I also know other writers have the same or similar issues.

It should be interesting to see which one wins out…


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp