One book I could never finish: Emma the Boring

Back in high school, I of course saw the movie Clueless. Being young, naive and not up to snuff on my cinema snobbery, loved every moment of it. When I heard the movie was based on Jane Austen's Emma, I of course ran out and bought it. This is a choice I will soon regret.

The book was boring. I don't typically like chick flicks, so I guess that the same idea applies to books. It was just so not something I would enjoy. The characters annoyed me so much that no matter how well written it is or how great the plot was I was not buying it. I gave up about halfway through. I couldn't see the point of forcing myself to keep reading about characters I hated. No, I don't mean hated in that they drew me into their world and I hated the personalities. I just couldn't stand them. I made the mistake of trying to watch the movie, and that did not end well. Actually, I never saw the end of it. Yes I know it is one of the classics, but it was boring and the characters were painful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

Best Laid Plans