Hi. My Name is Jenn and I’m a list-a-holic

I'm not proud to admit it, but I have become one of those to do list people. I pack by lists. I plan my day by lists. Most days my lists are constantly growing and changing, so flexibility does still exist. I just like being able to see what lies ahead. When a new development comes into play, my list adapts to it. I get that some people just don't get it, but it is what works best for me.

My mind is constantly going. I'm not claiming to be ADD or anything like that. Some of it is the learned behavior from the fast paced editing on Sesame Street and MTV. Another issue is my fiction writing. My mind is always darting off to explore an idea. My mind keeps jumping from thought to thought in an unorganized manner. I would never get anything done at that rate. I do have a decent memory, but having it even just typed helps.


 

Lists not only keep me focused, they also give me a sense of accomplishment. As I take items off the list, I have a much better standing of where I stand. I feel like I have had a small victory. Even if that list keeps growing, I know I have met at least one of my goals.

I try to keep my love of the list off other people, but happens. I spent so long denying this was the life I wanted, and I hoped for the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List