Annual Business Travel

It only comes once a year: My Business Travel

I once had dreams of a job where I would get to travel all the time. That didn’t happen, but I do get to go to a conference once a year. I know it is lame, but I really look forward to it.

First, it gives me the opportunity to write hotel and reviews. I do travel through out the year, but the opportunity to bulk up the travel blog is nice. I tend to be the budget minded traveler. That means I stay at a lot of hostels, boutique and non chain hotels. If I do stay at one of the big chains, it is usually because I scored a great deal. With this trip it isn’t about the budget, I can just focus on the hotel.

The next obvious perk is the restaurant reviews. Again, my focus is usually great food for cheap prices. I have a little more freedom on this business trip. I like to find fun and unusual places to add to my review arsenal.

Many business travelers are known for blogging about airports and flights, but I am driving to this conference. The road warrior is often times over looked by travel writers. I think that is unfortunate. This gives me the reason to try and make it blog worthy.

This is one of my few road trips I am bird less. While I’m a big fan of driving straight through, at least I have the luxury of being able to stop. With six birds in the car it would be totally irresponsible to stop. I feel bad enough when I have to stop for gas or a pit stop. I hate leaving them in the car alone.

I love getting to meet new people. I’m hoping that like last year I will find people to spend my downtime with. I had so much fun with my new friends last year, and I look forward to more of the same next year.

My favorite reason for my business travel is that is gets me out of dodge. I love learning how to do my job better and more efficiently. Yes, I know, I am sick. I also love getting away for a few days. It changes up my daily routine, and that is something I treasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp