Wow...I better get moving.

I try not to think about death. I prefer to focus on enjoying my life. Still, there are a few things I want to make sure I enjoy before I die. I don't have some big lofty list, but I do have a few things I want to squeeze in.

Take a vacation to Japan
It is my "dream" vacation. I love Japanese culture! A trip to China would also suffice. I'm really interested in most Far East cultures. I even considered moving there to teach ESL classes.

Have a book published by a major publishing house
It isn't as selfish as it seems. I create these characters to share with the world, and sometimes I fear they will not serve that purpose. I want at least one of my books to have that distinction.

Move to the Bay Area
I love the Bay Area. I love that it has a moderate climate. I have lived in the Midwest my whole life and I hate the snow and cold. I hate winter. I hate driving in snow and I hate driving in freezing rain even more. I like the mixing of the cultures and I think that the pace of life fits me better than where I am now.

Work from home
Don't get me wrong, I like my job. However, my ultimate goal is to be doing exactly what I am doing right now full time. This is my passion. This is what I want to be doing as soon as I wake up in the morning. It is what I would rather be doing most of the time I am at work. Yes, I do get burned out on writing sometimes, but I think some of that is that I am already pretty fried from my full time job. I want to work for myself from my couch and doing something I love.

take at least 1 cruise a year
Cruises are probably my favorite way to vacation. Sun, rum and fun. Getting totally out of dodge once a year is healthy.

Own an Macaw Parrot
Well I am the crazy bird lady. I want to preferably adopt a macaw. I am really good a rehabbing pet birds, and I think a biger bird would be a good addition to my flock.

Have one heck of a birthday
This isn't to say past birthdays have sucked. It also is not about a huge party or gifts. I just want a good party where I am surrounded by my friends. I'm hoping to knock this one out in July for my 30th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List