We Need a Bigger Place

I love my apartment. The location is perfect. There is shopping, grocery, pharmacy, restaurants, bands and the post office are withing walking distance. The rent is decent. Management takes good care of the property. I work full time downtown, but I work and my friends live in the north suburbs. My apartment is almost perfectly centered between the two. I love my furniture layout and the little touches that make it mine. Still, I sometimes wonder what it would be like if we had a little more room.


We need more space. Okay I need more space. The birds really only roam in a small area. We have out grown our one bedroom apartment. Well we haven't out grown it as of now, but we are at that point. I need a place for family to and friends to stay while they are in town, I need more storage space. The biggest need is an office. Right now I am running a business from my love seat. It is super comfortable, but not ideal. I want a kitchen that is bigger than a glorified hallway. I want to move forward, but I'm not sure what our next step is.



For what I could get a bigger apartment or to rent a house, I could have a mortgage on a decent house. There is the issue of my fear of buying a house. This is a HUGE fear I can't seem to shake. The other issue is I do not want a fixer upper. I have seen houses I like, but they all need a little tlc...and I am not the person you want to be doling that out. That and I just got my notice today that I need to renew my lease by 6/1, and if I am not renewing I need to let them know by TOMORROW. I'm still looking for a house! I won't know by tomorrow if I have found one. For some reason I thought my lease went through the end of June, but apparently I was wrong. I'm sure it will all work out. I just wish I had been more observant and noticed that along with upping the days notice to 60, that I had also remembered that it was a 12 not the usual 13 month lease.



It is a really exciting and scary time. I'm looking forward and dreading all the uncertainty. I have to make some kind of a decision within the next month, and right now I have no idea where things will land. I'm facing an uncertain future on many fronts. I am stepping into scary territory, and looking into possibilities I would have been too weak even six months ago to face. I sometimes to do wonder: Am I really ready now?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

Best Laid Plans