4/1 update

Associated Content Page View Count: 51,134…yes that is up over 1,000 from 3/25. I need to keep this up so I am going to have to hammer out at least three good articles over the next couple weeks and keep promoting things as usual. As always…I’m not asking you to spend money on me (but buying a book would be nice) read my items, leave comments, click on a few ads while you are there and help a friend out. I will only cost a few minutes of your time.

Do not ask me what is wrong with Rain Tiger. I’m scared it may have been hit with a virus again. It looks like the format changed to April 08, but none of the content did. Once it is up and running I will post a link. I’ve been trying to get a hold of my editor all morning, but I have had no luck.


Last night was very productive. I spent the night working on my outline and then plugging in my notes into that outline.

The changes I have made are that as of right now I am down from 15 chapters to 13, but I think that might be for the best. We all know that I will end up adding chapters later as existing chapters just run too long and start throwing way too much info at the reader at once.

Right now I am faced with a few issues:

Maria: She’s Kori’s best friend. She was created as a person to sit at the bar with Kori when she is theoretically out with Craig (her boyfriend). I think I am going to make Maria and Kori’s friendship a friendship that is enjoying a second life. I think having them have a falling out years and years ago, and finally getting back to a place where Kori can trust her again would be a good idea. I think I have a way of doing half of this. I can easily come up with a way to pull them apart (Maria promises she won’t pursue something out of respect for their friendship, but she never stops pursuing it behind Kori’s back), but I am out of ideas on ways to get them back together again without it being too contrived. I am sticking with Maria was just in a bad place at the time and made a choice that really hurt Kori…but not making her a bad person. We all make mistakes, but I don’t want their reconciliation to be clichéd.

Dara: She’s my current pet project. She’s Jacob’s extremely sweet but very clueless girl friend. Really, you can’t hate her, she’s too damn nice. She’s skinny and gorgeous, but not stuck up about it at all. She really just wants to be your friend…and she is totally oblivious to the whole Jacob and Kori issue. Part of it is she doesn’t know the whole story and well Kori is dating Craig…so why should she worry. She isn’t overly ditzy, but just a bit naïve. Sometimes she misses the extremely obvious things right in front of her. She inadvertently does and says somewhat hurtful things, and she is horrified when she finds out how she made people feel. It would be too easy to make her the clichéd bitchy self absorbed pretty girl. Honestly that has been over done, and I can do better than that. I want people to like Dara because she is really an amazing character.

Jacob’s father: yeah this is going to need some research. Jacob’s father owns a software company and is ridiculously rich. He is supportive yet critical of his son’s choice to open this book store. He wants it to succeed, but he has an odd way of showing it.

Korina’s family: Well with them it is I should I or shouldn’t I. I sort of like the paired down character list I have. However, I think her crazy family would add a new dimension, but I’m still undecided.

Do I need more characters?: I’m thinking of some really minor character just to flesh things out…I just need some filler and maybe a little comic relief at times

THE ENDING: Yeah I have NO CLUE how I am going to wrap this up. Yeah that is a tricky thing. I have an idea of where I want to go, but it just doesn’t feel right yet. I guess the question is if someone breaks your heart, and I don’t just mean hurts you I mean just totally destroys you, can you forgive that person. If you can forgive that person, is there a place for a second chance? For me personally, I have a hard time saying yes to that question. While I’m all about second chances, there are some things that just need to be lessons learned. There is only so much grace you can extend a person. There reaches a point where you have to decide that no matter how badly you want it, this relationship is NOT HEALTHY for you. I can’t decide which way to go there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp