Can't I have both?

Before I had my own computer, I would fill notebook after notebook with stories and ideas. Then when I started using my computer, I still wrote everything on paper. Now I have a hybrid approach.


Laptop Bag - Emptied

Really it depends on what I am writing and where my mind is. Sometimes I like being able to sit down with a notebook and pen and spend hours writing out notes. Sometimes my best work comes from using the old school outline method. I have each section planned and listed out, and then I type it from there. I like having the written notes or outline to follow as I go along.



Other times I love just having my laptop. I can sit and just type and type as the ideas come. In times like this the additional structure would just slow me down. I just go with what is going on my head. This is sometimes scary, but it has also been very productive and rewarding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

Best Laid Plans