Songs I would gladly erase from the hard drive

There are many songs I wish I could expunge from my memory. There are even more I wish I could delete from every P3 Productions Hard Drive. They are songs I just dislike, I used to like but are overdone and songs that were okay until I heard them karaoked to death. What ever the reason is, I cannot stand these songs. Here are my top three.


Love Shack by The B-52's

Really this song was only a minor annoyance before I started working for a DJ/Karaoke business. I admit to singing along to it at dances and weddings...but those days are long gone. Now I associate Love Shack with drunk girls screaming into the microphone. Even girls who sing well tend to morph into tone deaf singers. Then there is the task of finding a guy who actually knows the song, AND is willing to get up there and sing with them. The inability to d this has even led to *me* singing the guy's part. I seriously think we should make an adjustment to our song list: Love Shack can only be sang for a $20 fee.

Umbrella by Rhianna

As a general rule, I like Rhianna's music. Pon de Replay, Life Your Life, and Disturbia are in my play lists. However, I cannot force myself to like Umbrella. I really do not have a good rational reason. I mean it has a decent beat. It sure has a catchy chorus. Still, this song makes me cringe every single time. Some of it is the lyrics. The rest has no rhyme or reason, it just is this unexplainable disgust.

Sittin at a Bar by Rehab

Again, yes it is catchy, but aside from that I can't say anything nice about it. Sadly, I've heard it enough at our shows, I know pretty much all the words. That alone makes me feel dirty. I just don't get why everyone *loves* this song! Lyrically it does nothing for me. I just do not think there is anything all that spectacular about it. Plus it is so over played, I'm not just over the song completely.



Runner Up: Picture: Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List