The Importance of a Strong Portfolio

If you are looking to impress potential clients and create a strong presence for your self online a strong and well put together portfolio is a must. You need to have something that looks good online and in print. It needs to emphasize your strong points , be direct and be easy to follow.It also should always be open to change.

This may seem like common sense, but I know that sometime the portfolio is the last thing to be given attention. it makes sense to have a timely, clean and professional CV and Portfolio on you at all times. You never know when a new business venture is going to present itself. However, I know I fall short on this, and many others do too. We get so caught up in our current projects we fail to do the little things to help your business grow. This is one of my weaknesses, but it is one I am working to overcome.

My old portfolio was beautiful. It looked great online and even better in print. The problem was that it was too long, and the information I included became outdated too quickly. Even with monthly updates it was unrealistic to keep the information current.

Along with cleaning up and reorganizing my blog (which was just too busy), my portfolio was in much need of TLC. I've managed to take out the things that were too wordy and outdated, but now it is time to get it back in order. I need to look at my work, decide what to feature, and commit to making updates regularly. If I don't do this, I am only hurting myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp