You have a million dollars. The Catch? You have to give it away.

This is a tricky situation. I know of so many people, organizations and causes that deserve the money. If someone came to me today, I would probably have to say:

1) First I would give my parents whatever they need to pay off their debt. I'm not sure how much that would be, but I do want them to be able to just enjoy life!

2) Half of the remaining money would go to a Avian Rescue. Taking in unwanted birds is a costly enterprise. You have to find adequate cages, be able to feed them, and if they have medical needs ( many neglected birds do...many have never been taken to the vet not to mention any other issues that may have developed). This can help them care for the birds and possibly be able to afford more reasonable adoption fees. I'm not saying a $100 fee for a Macaw, but just make it more affordable for these birds for find a good home.

3) The other half would go to diabetes research. I've watched my dad battle this disease, and I always hope that they will find something that will make his life simpler. He has other medical conditions as well, but the the diabetes complicated things even more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

Best Laid Plans