Resource suggestions for writers

Two Sites I Highly Recommend

In my quest to launch my little freelance writing business, I have worked with many different sites. Some of them just were not a good fit. Some were a good fit at first, but things changed over time. They may have been a good place to get started and get experience, but I eventually out grew them. Other sites had so much potential, but they never went anywhere. Occasionally, I will find a site that works well for me. I have been lucky enough to find two recently. I think that both could be helpful for other bloggers, writers, photographers and other people who are looking for a fun way to express their creativity online. My business, revenue and networking has benefited from Redgage and Plinky.
I started using Redgage about seven months ago. Redgage is a Social Media site that you can post Blogs, Photos, Videos, Documents and Links to. I like Redgage because it isn’t just about the blogging. Yes, writing is my main focus, but I like having the freedom to explore other areas. I’m not a skilled photographer, but I love to take pictures and have been known to take a decent picture or two (actually the picture on the top of this page is one of mine). Plus it exposes me to more content. You also get paid by page view. It isn’t a huge amount, but if you post enough you can make some nice side money. I started posting things here and occasionally browsing other people’s posts, but I did not start getting more involved in the site until a few weeks ago.
I am ready to take the next step in building my business, so I sat down and came up with a game plan. I decided to start using Redgage to its full potential. I started cross posting blogs and using the links feature to upload my content links along with my favorite links. Then I started using the collections function. I put all of my best work in that collection. Now I can give a potential client one URL and they can find all my best work. Plus the more I post, the more revenue I generate. You can’t really go wrong there.
The other site I have started using is Plinky. Plinky gives you a new prompt every day. You answer the prompt, and some prompts have you pick graphics for your answer. Really it is pretty fun. I like it because I like the daily prompts. They are usually things you don’t think about every day. They are mix of those Facebook/Myspace survey questions and the usual writing prompts. You can answer the question seriously, or you can just have fun with it. Either way it is a great tool for me. With everything going on in my life, I do not always have something to blog about each day. Yeah I might have something to rant about, but sometimes that just isn’t appropriate to do online. This gives me a topic to write about. If I like the post enough, I can easily send the post to my Blogger blog, my travel blog and Redgage. That makes me very happy. So I can generate content with Plinky and it helps with writers block. Sometimes just getting writing about anything opens up the flood gates for me.
Sometimes even the best writer can falter with the wrong tools. We need things that help us nurture, promote, and connect our work. I think these tools will serve me well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Summer To Do List