My joy is found in The Monster at the End of this Book

I have loved to read ever since I was very young. I would go through books like they were water. Even my dyslexia could not stop me from enjoying any book I could get my hands on. I wish I still had that kind of time to dedicate to reading for fun.

The Monster at the End of this Book was by far my favorite. No matter how many times I read it, it always made me laugh. Grover and his thwarted attempts to keep me from the end of the book never failed to make me happy. I miss the days where a silly book could make my day. It was a time of innocence and joy. My biggest concern was who was I going to play with at nursery school. Depending on the day I could be pretending my swing set was a castle or playing baseball with the boys in the neighborhood. I was the only little girl in my neighborhood for years, and I was not going to be left out. I probably destroyed more dresses and pairs of tights than the average girl. I was fearless and not shy at all. I wish I could still be like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Best Laid Plans

Trying Something New: ThredUp