Music: Best way to mend a broken heart

It has been a while since my last big break up, but it never hurts to have a few songs on file for that next heartbreaking moment. These songs will most certainly be on my next angry break up compilation.

After All by Saving Abel

I love the lyrics. It speaks to the anger and letting go after a bad break up. The first time I heard it knew it would be the song I play on repeat after my next big break up.

So Long by Guster

It isn't as overtly angry as After All, but it still is one of those songs that just says how I feel. After the initial hurt goes away the dark sarcasm comes into play. Extra bonus: they use a manual typewriter as a percussive instrument.

Everything I'm Not by The Veronica's

Have you ever been in a relationship where you bend over backwards to keep your significant other happy? Have you worked hard to be what they want and lost yourself a little in the process? If so, this song is for you. It is very poppy, but lyrically it fits the bill. This was the song on repeat in my last big break up and it did me well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

Best Laid Plans