This week hasn't been super great...and it is only Tuesday.
1) Our Crock Pot died
2) I ordered a pair of boots, and they sent the wrong size
3) I've been swamped at work. I'm not sure how I am going to get everything that needs done completed before I leave work tomorrow.
4) The second pair of boots I ordered (to replace the ones that were the wrong size) were adorable. Those were not the boots delivered to my house. I don't have time to order new ones
5) The crock pot I ordered to replace the dead one arrived damaged, and I needed to make tonight's dinner in it. I meal prep, so any deviation of the meal plan can be tricky.
6) Tank had surgery about a month ago. The mass was located in his ear and there was nothing to stitch up the wound. Every time the wound is almost healed up, he breaks it open again
7) An impromptu trip to the west side of town last night meant I missed Zumba
FACT: At one point yesterday I may have wanted to sit in the dark, in my pjs wi…
The girls are on Spring Break. They spent last week with their mom. They will spend the upcoming week with us.
I was away Thursday and Friday (although we were back yesterday evening, but I was still playing catch up from chores I hadn't done), and now I feel like I'm trying to prep for that week in 2 days.
It isn't that the girls are terrors, and I have to prepare for anything like that. We look forward to our time with them. It is still a change. We do not have physical custody of the girls. While we are active in their lives, they do not live with us the bulk of the time. The everyday things most parents have to think about and plan for isn't something we do except on the weeks like this (during school breaks and over the summer), and it just a change in planning and how we think. Mark working second shift puts another wrinkle in this. We've never had to experience this with his current work schedule.
It is the normal parenting concerns that we just do not usual…
Last weekend Mark and I took a quick trip up to Northern Indiana. We stayed at Oakwood Resort in Syracuse, IN. The resort is on Lake Wawasee, and it is exactly what we needed for a quick weekend away.
The stay was actually my Valentine's Day gift, but this was the first weekend we could get away. I was pretty excited to get out of dodge for even just a night.
The resort has spacious rooms, and even those with a courtyard view still had pretty amazing views. Each room has a Keurig (seriously) and a mini fridge. The grounds were clean and beautiful. It was great to be able to walk around and enjoy the scenery.
Okay...the on site chapel was a little creepy
We enjoyed walking on some of the paths around the resort, and just sitting lakeside for the afternoon.
We opted to eat at the onsite restaurant, but there are other options in town. That being said, we were not disappointed. The food was amazing. At check in the reccomended we call and reserve a table. They thankfully still had…