I Have a Project List

Yeah another post about moving. Sorry. Deal with it.

As our move gets closer, my "project list" keeps growing.

So far I am:

  1. converting a parlor sewing cabinet into a china cabinet (shelving purchased)
  2. Converting a sewing table into a desk
  3. Recovering a vanity bench
  4. Recovering dining room chairs
  5. Sanding and refinishing a vanity/desk
  6. Possibly refinishing a headboard.

I am strangely committed to making our new apartment a home. I have never had a place that wasn't a hodgepodge of free furniture. I have never had  a place to share with someone else. I want to do this right.

I have no idea where this burst of nesting is coming from. It certainly isn't something I inherited from my parents. I know some of it is doing the most with what we have. We have limited space, and some great stuff that could just use some TLC and/or repurposing.

I am looking forward to the new challenges and having fun getting the apartment in shape.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom Line

Summer To Do List

10 Things You Should Know